After more than TWELVE years in business, these are the questions most frequently posed to us. So, chances are pretty high that you'll find your answers here, but if not, please feel free to ASK us directly.
How long will the story take to be written?
Stories require anywhere from one to twelve weeks to complete, depending on lengths, style, and storyline complexity. The following table provides an estimate of typical lead times:
Is my personal information confidential?
Your selected username may be viewed by other website visitors but all details of your order, from personal disclosures to credit card information, are kept private. We do not release it to anybody other than staff and authors under any circumstances. Your credit card information is encrypted and transmitted with SSL servers. The transfer of this information is secure and cannot be received or read by others. CES does not retain your credit card number once the transaction is completed. We neither sell nor share our customer list for marketing purposes.
In what form will I get my story?
You will receive your story by email in PDF format. Optionally, your story can be beautifully printed in a custom handmade booklet. You can also order voiceover service and audio CD to accompany the booklet.
Can I get a proof copy to review?
Most people like to be surprised by the final product, but if you request we'll provide a draft of your story for you to review before we prepare the final PDF, booklet and audio CD.
What is the process for ordering and receiving the story?
Start with My Stories on the main menu. Create a username for free. Specify your story details by filling out our helpful form. Decide how long you want it to be and add it to the cart. Decide if you want your story printed in an optional hand-crafted booklet, or an optional custom recorded CD. Add these to your cart too. Place your order. Answer any quesitons posed by the author. Receive your story.
Through our carefully designed questionnaire, you tell our writers what you would like us to write for you. Your story can be beautifully printed in a custom handmade booklet, and you can also order an audio CD to accompany the booklet.
- Tell us what you want written by filling out a storyline questionairre. HERE
- Be as detailed or brief as you wish.
- If you like, our authors will comment on your storyline providing professional hints and suggestions.
- Decide how long of a work you would like HERE
- Request options such as a handmade booklet, or a voiceover HERE.
- Checkout and place your order HERE
- Receive an email, confirming your order.
- Receive a draft of your story by email to review. Send back your comments and approval by email.
- Receive your PDF, optional booklet and CD.
- Share and discuss your story with other members here at Storystore.com.
Do I need to know exactly what I want in a story?
No, you don't. We receive many orders where members have only a scene or a setting or even a character in mind. Our job is to transform those pieces into a story—that's what you pay us to do and we're happy about that. We get our jollies surprising you with your own creativity. But if you'd like some help expressing what you'd like, please contact us.
Do I need to answer all the questions on your questionnaire?
Well, actually, you don't have to answer any of them, but what kind of story would you get? After much trial, error, and research, those questions have proven to effectively help you convey to the authors the details for a story that meets your needs. So, yes, you can choose to ignore some of the questions, but you may end up sacrificing some details by doing so.
Can I tell you more than what your form asks for?
Absolutely. We'd much rather have more information than less. We can always discard whatever information doesn't seem all that relevant for your story, but we like to have as much as you want to give us—it helps us understand what's important to you.
What if I don't like the story?
We will fix it. Every story comes with one free revision. If you don't like your story, we will do what it takes to please you via whatever means appear to be necessary. In case we haven't been clear about this, we want you to be satisfied.
Can I see the story before it gets sent to the person for whom I commissioned it?
Yes, this can be arranged. Just let us know that you'd like to see the draft before it is finalized for mailing. We will then e-mail it to you for your approval and make any changes you require.
Who owns the rights to the stories you write for clients?
StoryStore.com owns the rights to all stories it creates.
What kinds of questions do you ask on the order form?
Here are some of the questions you'll be asked about your story:
- What are the first names of the players in this story?
- Physical characteristics of the players that are most important to your story (for instance: hair, eyes, build; anything that the writers need to know or mention)
- Is there a setting or situation the reader would like for these players?
- What do you most want to see happen to these characters?
- Please provide some information about the intended reader of this story: gender, relationship to characters, reading style, etc.
- Are there any specific details that this story should be sure to include?